Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Fun Day

I love Sundays! I look forward to Sunday and the spirit that it brings. I love spending time with my family, I love going to church, and I love being happy on Sunday! It is the best! Over the past year and a half Walker and I have had the opportunity to teach the 11 and 12 year old primary class. What a blessing it has been for us. Some
 weeks have been very challenging for us but we loved it always. Today was our last day teaching them and although we are sad to leave them we are stoked to begin a new journey. 

  When we first got called to be teachers we were scared because we knew we had a big role to fill. We knew that these kids would look up to us and learn from us. 
The first class we had we only had about a month until the year ended and they moved on. We were sad to see them go because they were so good! They loved to learn about the gospel and we loved to teach it! 
The new year came and we had a new class.. all little 11 year olds who were so immature and we wanted to be done being teachers because we liked our old class better. All it took was a little prayer to ask our Heavenly Father for strength and the knowledge to know what we needed to do to be better teachers so that the kids we were teaching could also be better. After that prayer at the beginning of the year we loved to prepare the lessons and we loved to go teach them. We had an instance connection! We grew so close to them throughout the year that we were always sad when one would turn 12 and they moved on to young men and young woman! We wanted them to stay little and come to sharing time with us! We  loved them so much and still do! We love when we see them in the neighbor hood and at the store and they get a big smile on their face and say hello! We feel like we made a difference in their lives by going to church prepared to teach them and be a friend to them! They will truly always have a place in our hearts! When Manti passed away they all made us feel like everything was going to be ok. The Sunday we went back to church they were the best kids ever! I will never forget that Sunday and the spirit I felt in that classroom! They are awesome kids!! 
This years class is a little bit harder for us as we were use to kids that came to class prepared to listen and learn. We have been having a hard time with this class as they come we feel like that don't want to learn and just want to mess around the whole time. We often feel like we waste the whole hour trying to get them under control to them the last 5 minutes of the lesson. I figure if we get even 5 minutes of the lesson in we are making a difference. We are sad to be released but happy we had the opportunity to teach and learn from all the awesome 11 and 12 years! My testimony has strength so much and I am so grateful that I have had the chance to be called to such a fun calling.
We love to snapchat and take selfies at church! 
One Sunday I turned to my left tell the kids to be quiet and I saw this on a girls chair! How could you be mad at this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment