Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Let Me Tell Ya About My Best Friend

Ok... so I have the best job ever! I love what I do everyday, so many blessings have came my way because of what I do. I am so lucky that I get to hang out with my best friend everyday! How lucky am I? Really though, She is awesome, caring, loving, supportive, and always there for me! She is honestly the best. I don't think any one has anything bad to say about her... EVER! She is just so great! I love her! She is my GRANDMA!!! She is absolutely the best. Her and I we get along just great, like two peas in a pod, we have a lot of fun together. She has always been there for me. Ever since I was a little baby. She would hold me and rock me and tell me everything she thought I needed to know about life. Her phone number was one of the first I memorized. She was always a call away and a 3 minute drive away. I often would call her after my baths at night and ask her if she would come over and scrub lotion on me, and sure enough 3 minutes later there she was at my house helping my mom get me ready for bed. I have always loved the special touch my grandma has had. It is so soft and loving. I loved to go to her house and sit in the rocking chair with her and listen to her read me poems. We would talk for hours in that rocking chair and while we talked she would let me comb her hair! We have so many fun memories. One of her favorite primary songs that she would often sing was 
 
I have always loved that song! It has a very special place in my heart. My grandma has always centered her life around our Heavenly Fathers creations and she taught all of her grandchildren what it truly means to be thankful for the creations that we have been given!
My grandma has always been a big part of my life. She was one of the first people that we told when we found out that I was pregnant! Her excitement made me even more excited! She couldn't wait to be grandma-great to another special gift from our Heavenly Father! She gave me many tips on how to be a good mother. Every doctors appointment I had she would be waiting for a phone call from me to tell her how it went. She was my little cheerleader through the whole thing! AND SHE STILL IS! When we found out about Manti passing away all I wanted was a hug from my grandma and for her to tell me everything is going to be ok. She was up to the hospital right when she found out. She came in and gave me a hug and told me what I needed to hear... "everything is going to be ok." are the words she told me. I have had many days this past year where I didn't think I could make it for one more second and my grandma has been right there to make it feel some what bearable to be able to make it through the day. She just always knows what to say. I can never repay her for what she has done for me.
Ever since she has been on dialysis she has shown me how strong a person can be by putting her faith in the Lord and knowing that she was going to be ok. She is simply strong! I take her to most of her doctors appointments, to the store, and where ever else she wants to go! I always feel the spirit when I am with her. She has taught me how to be a strong woman and to be able to know my strength. I love spending everyday with her! I love that I now live closer to her... only like 28 seconds away! I love being her caregiver! I love sitting with her listening to her stories of when she was growing up. I love teaching her all the tips and tricks she can do on her iPhone and iPad. I love getting texts from her!( I know, I have a cool hip grandma!) I love that we have patience for each other! I believe everything happens for a reason and she is one of the big reasons why I have been so strong throughout my trail. If anyone knows how much I miss Manti she is one person that really knows and she is always there with a hug to give and a smile to share! She is my shoulder to cry on, my friend to laugh with, and my happy place! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I had a wonderful relationship with my Grandma too. She lived to be just 5 months shy of 102! She was the "Wind Beneath My Wing".... my guardian angel, my teacher, my confidant, my most ardent supporter! I pray I can be just a fraction of that for my grandkids! <3

    ReplyDelete