Thursday, March 27, 2014

And We're Off!

We are so excited to be going to Hawaii to spend time with Walkers family! This morning was very slow for us.. I didn't seem to want to pack and Walker didn't want to get out of bed.. I think part of the reason why is because we miss our baby!! We wanted to be able to pack for him and enjoy a family trip with him. We were stoked for all the family in Hawaii to finally meet him and now we are going without him! We are totally bummed! We were excited to be able to pack for our little one and for him to become a beach lover just like us! We wanted our baby to love the Island just like we do!
We finally got out of bed and packed and on our way.. We stopped for a short visit with Manti and to say family prayer at his grave... we couldn't help but to look at each other and shed a few tears! We always feel the spirit when we say family prayer at Manti's grave site. Today I felt a sweet warmth as Walker was saying the prayer. I knew Manti was right there with us! 
So here we sit in the airport waiting to board the plane... watching other little kids run around laughing and playing with their parents.. I will always have that empty feeling when I see things like that. My heart starts beating fast and a lump in my throat appears and I begin to feel sick. I always wish it was me with my kid! But I know that I will be able to be with my sweet boy again someday! So while I wait I will sit and people watch and dream of the day where Walker and I can be able to have the chance to chase Manti around in the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment