Thursday, April 3, 2014

Birthday Month

It is April! Which means a few things are happening in our family!
It is Sara and Christians wedding!
We are moving to Texas!
 It is Manti's birthday! (THE MOST IMPORTANT!!)
YAY!!!! We take birthday month very serious in our family! At the beginning of the month until the end.. everyday is your day when its your birthday month! Since Manti isn't here with us we have decided that for his birthday month we will do service for anyone and everyone! What better way to spend a birthday month. We know Manti is doing his service up in heaven and as we do service here we will be able to see a little bit of him through us. 
We are supposed to be moving on the 13th of April but we have decided to hold back for a week and leave the 21st. We thought it would be way to hard to move away from all of our family the week of  Manti's birthday. We wanted to feel as close to Manti as possible on his special day... and what better way of doing that then to be with family! We love spending time with our family. They have been such a great support to us over the past year. We are grateful to be a part of a family that is so supportive and willing to help us out whenever we need it.

I have been dreading this month ever since last April... I wanted to just skip this month, knowing that it was going to be the hardest month. I have been thinking that when I hit the year mark that I will just crumble and fall apart. I know when his birthday comes I will be flooded with all the memories and I will just be back a square one. No baby to snuggle. No baby to hear crying. No worrying about what Manti is doing. I never let my mind push back the memories of that eventful day. I think that it is healthily for me to let it all out and for me to ponder about it. It has helped me realize that I am stronger then I think I am. I have people tell me everyday that I am looking good and strong, which makes me realize that I am doing ok and I am stronger then I really give myself credit for. I always want to be able to know that I will be ok through this experience and that I can handle the situations that are handed to me. I never asked or wanted anything like this to happen to me, but it has been worth it. I want to be able to show others that it is ok to be sad but happy all at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment